Dreamer's Editorial..

Moslems around the world are definitely in a festive mood now.. 'Tis the month to be holy, jolly, and good.. People who are moslems shall undergo the ritual of fasting during daylight, in which they have to also control their emotion and behaviour..

If you live in countries where Islam is an influencing accent of social construction the I'd guess you would notice that by Ramadhan, practically the whole country goes into slow mode, since people are taking things a little easier to cope with the fasting they go thru..

Anyhoo, my photography will go on even during Ramadhan, no reason not to.. To save time and bandwidth on the blog you can see my albums online in facebook, flickr, and fotografer.net

Make sure you check them out!

I hope i'll be able to write articles related to the theme of Ramadhan..

Have a festive and blessful month!

Happy reading, everyone! :)

A
22 August 2009

Tuesday 30 June 2009

admiring handicraft sent from the skies

can I be honest? I used to not care about this thing called "nature", I used to be part of that system that things for granted, and believe that everything runs for itself without us having to pay attention to it.. i was wrong, read on!

I've been spending most of the last 2 weeks at home.. Its a pretty small town called Bengkulu, just on the southern part of the island of Sumatra.. I havent been here in about 4-5 months.. This time this trip meant quite a lot, I am seeing things from a new perspective, I am changing I guess, and one of them is how i see this "hometown" and "nature"..

I've always had a deep admiration towards photography, but I guess that urge to deepen my appreciation towards photography has been widening within the last 3 months, I am intrigued more and more.. What's good about photography is that along with the hunt for that perfect shot, comes the demand to see multiple angles from certain things.. The pictures i attached are pictures taken from a place called "Pantai Panjang" (literal translation; Long Beach), it has never really been a special place for me, i just know it as the "main" beach of Bengkulu..

Why I think this trip is extra meaningful is the fact that I saw things differently now, I talked to a lot of people here and learnt new things; new philosophies in life. But most astoundingly I saw nature differently.. Eversince loving photography and its science, I knew in an instant that capturing nature's best is one of my passions in life, and that made me think; 1) Jeez, God really is the best painter and craftsman ever, and 2) I never knew i could see this beach this way..

I know I am not the only one. I posted this as an album on my facebook, a few people I know who went to the same highschool with me asked; "where is this?" and they cannot believe that this is the beach they've known for years! All right, maybe the photos help, but I think this is astounding, no? I'm thinking more ways to promote this place, because it really is a gem in the roughs..

I agree with the people from Discovery Channel when they said Earth is just an awesome place.. I agree! So how do we make it that way, like, forever? Mars is too hot, Venus is too cold, and anywhere else is simply too far.. We cannot move, can we?

So how do you propose the best way to going green is? Or do you simply not care? And what about your ideas on hometown? good, bad, sour, sweet, bitter memories I bet all exist there.. But I'd like to think; there's no other place like home, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment