Dreamer's Editorial..

Moslems around the world are definitely in a festive mood now.. 'Tis the month to be holy, jolly, and good.. People who are moslems shall undergo the ritual of fasting during daylight, in which they have to also control their emotion and behaviour..

If you live in countries where Islam is an influencing accent of social construction the I'd guess you would notice that by Ramadhan, practically the whole country goes into slow mode, since people are taking things a little easier to cope with the fasting they go thru..

Anyhoo, my photography will go on even during Ramadhan, no reason not to.. To save time and bandwidth on the blog you can see my albums online in facebook, flickr, and fotografer.net

Make sure you check them out!

I hope i'll be able to write articles related to the theme of Ramadhan..

Have a festive and blessful month!

Happy reading, everyone! :)

A
22 August 2009

Saturday 2 May 2009

mellow schmellow..

You know what, i've always opposed the idea of watching a Korean made movie.. Why? It basically fits into my fundamental theory of entertainment : a good entertainment is one that is NOT more complicated your everyday life. I think entertainment is supposed to cheer you up, not stress you out (some people may buy the complications just so that it makes them happy how uncomlicated their life is.. not for me it's not)

I've always fertilized this prejudice towards Korean made motion pictures, as from what i learn it always is about tragic romance, the worst kind of all entertainment according to moi. I managed to squash out the habbit of watching Korean thru my childhood.. Lately I've been tempted, some friends managed to convince me that i should give it a go. A few days ago that weirdo Nanda screened for me a movie he just rented; "My sassy Girl" and i was quite impressed, i loved that foolish looking guy who played main actor, and it has an acceptable ending. The other day me and Adi went to the internet cafe to exploit the multimedia database they have and copy it into our harddisk. One of the movies we copied upon Adi's wishes is a Korean one named "Love Phobia".. Later today i was bored and had nothing to do and the stupid internet acted the goat again so i took a risk, i pressed play on this movie.. A choice i now regret --" read on..

Let me give you a run down of what the storyline is like; like a typical Korean romance, the story starts from the childhood years of the main guy and gal (forgive my bad spelling on names, the guy was Ju-Kong, the gal was Ari Dong Song.. peculiar names).. they met when they were in elementary, and this weird girl was a new student who had the weirdest story, that she was an alien from the planet "Elipson" o.O and had a curse that one who touches her would have a bad accident. Later we find that she is an actual alien --" who had AIDS because some stupid doctor injected the wrong blood in her transfusion when she was a baby (talk about heavy plot).. Okay apart from the gooky overarcing plot, i think the stream of the story presented is quite eloquent. In the first half of the movie it was actually funny.

I think things went overboard for me in the last one third part of the movie, where the audience learns about how she's dying and all. So this desperate guy who's not prepared to "let her go with a smile" makes circle crops to call upon the alien mothership to pick Ari up.. Okay i know people do stupid stuff when they're in love but i gotta admit this is probably the thickest act of late i have seen.. Kinda sweet, but artificial.. Like those sugars you consume if you have diabetes; you know its supposed to be sweet, but somehow it just doesnt seem sweet..

The ending scene was too much for me to bear. Just a disclaimer; I DID NOT CRY. I'll admit that there were watery effects in the corner of my right eye, but i will deny till i die upon the claim of cry ^^ In a nutshell, it's a romeo-juliet archetype where they end up not together, there were lots of tears, and the girl gets lifted by her spaceship and return to whereever while the guy ends up selling sushi --"

The tragicness of this movie is only topped by an 8 minute feature named "Kiss Me" where a guy donates his eyes to this girl so she can heal and they still dont end up together. I now have a quite dissatisfied opinion on Korean romance films..

then i end up the night listening to a song Adi played; "Love will lead you back" and "Ayat-ayat Conta" (the verses of love).. nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment