Dreamer's Editorial..

Moslems around the world are definitely in a festive mood now.. 'Tis the month to be holy, jolly, and good.. People who are moslems shall undergo the ritual of fasting during daylight, in which they have to also control their emotion and behaviour..

If you live in countries where Islam is an influencing accent of social construction the I'd guess you would notice that by Ramadhan, practically the whole country goes into slow mode, since people are taking things a little easier to cope with the fasting they go thru..

Anyhoo, my photography will go on even during Ramadhan, no reason not to.. To save time and bandwidth on the blog you can see my albums online in facebook, flickr, and fotografer.net

Make sure you check them out!

I hope i'll be able to write articles related to the theme of Ramadhan..

Have a festive and blessful month!

Happy reading, everyone! :)

A
22 August 2009

Thursday 7 May 2009

"want a hair cut, sir?".. "no.. i want them all cut!"

So after waking up pretty late today (me and a few of me mates saw the Chelsea - Barcelona Champions league semis) i had a major headache due to sleep deprivation, went to sleep at 5 after writing the Uno! article, which you can see is a total mess, 50% of what i wrote is completely unintentional and in an unconscious state hahaha

My paper's handed in to my Humanitarian Law lecturer, so that assignment's in the bag, all i gotta do is enjoy the rest of the week off kawaaiiii!!

This euphoria foolishly only lasted a couple of hours when my internet acted the goat again and there was ANOTHER electrical surge!! Seriously it annoys me that i'm actualy starting to get used to it --" it was a nice cool breezy day actually, light rain drops colour the skies today so its fairly nice weather, but again we were bored..

Then i realized something very very impotant yet stupid.. I have no clean undies left! Pretty sure it was only 4 days ago that i went to pick up some clean laundry.. I am pretty sure i have quite an amount of undies yet they are missing! Suspect number one is Adi, i have ocassionaly and randomly found my undies in his room, it freaks me out imagining what its doing there (bakaaaa!!) But after a thorough inspection in his room, it was to no avail, so i suspected the laundry (Sani and Nanda lost a few shirts there, i'm lucky actually to run off only with undies missing)

I'm not a guy who prefers "going commando" (iuwh,,) so i had to get my hands on some fresh undies, so i decided to get some. Finally Adi and Nanda came for the ride. Then that's when it happened, Adi came up with the idea of getting a haircut.. At this point i went to the mirror and lo! i sure am starting to look like a gorilla with all scruffy dense hair, so i l'accord-ed Adi's idea. Nanda also had an unimportant agenda; to cut off his sideburns (nice idea, hot shot --")

I've always been a little spooked out of going or doing things that is a little "metrosexual", i've always found myself feeling that tingle of ickiness relating with those stuff. Going to this hari salon was one of it, i usually go to the simple barbershops down the road, but i've gone once here before, so a second time shouldnt hurt. So we went off to this salon named "Jhonny Andrean"

I forced Adi to go in first, as he looked more suited than either me and Nanda in getting to places like these. I got the second turn after Adi. Okay i should tell you the last time i was here i got a straight hair cut, this time Adi booked me on to have shampooing stuff o.O so there i went looking like the lost idiot that i am, until i find people are waiting to service us in this funny looking chairs that has like those sinks for washing dirty dishes in the part where you put your hair. I suddenly feel like i'm in the "Zohan" movie --"

I changed my mind when i started cursing about the shampooey sessions, it was pretty nice actually, washed my hair with soft shampoo, then relaxed with an extensive massaging session and it's very very reliefing (Adi and Nanda later on curses me for getting longer sessions than they did,, for the same price!!^^). Later on i sat on the chair which the guy started to "do" my hair (rrawwwwr hoekk hoekk haha)

The cut is pretty nice, the whole time i sat i was eavesdropping on this lady sitting beside me who was arguing with her stylist whether it was possible for curly-haired ladies to have a pony bang made,, i wanted to reach out and say "it doesn't matter, you're a little too old for ponies anyways, you're better off with the natural grey hair" but i felt it would be impolite and create unnecessary trouble in the salon, i'm already embarassed as it is actually going here without me picking a fight, so i went back to solitude and silently making comments and giggled on this small old man across me who had his grey hair coloured to shiny black and spiffy brown o.O

The whole process takes about 30ish minutes i suppose, iwas very keen on getting out off my chair as the stylist took off that robe looking thing they put on you. They say its to keep hair sheds out of your clothes but i think it makes me look like a baked potatoe haha..

I gotta say, it costed me IDR 38.000 which is roughly USD 3.20, pretty costly for a hair cut in Indonesia, but i think overall the experienc is well done.. I still feel icky but happy with the hair cut altogether..

What do you think of men going to hair salons?

No comments:

Post a Comment