Dreamer's Editorial..

Moslems around the world are definitely in a festive mood now.. 'Tis the month to be holy, jolly, and good.. People who are moslems shall undergo the ritual of fasting during daylight, in which they have to also control their emotion and behaviour..

If you live in countries where Islam is an influencing accent of social construction the I'd guess you would notice that by Ramadhan, practically the whole country goes into slow mode, since people are taking things a little easier to cope with the fasting they go thru..

Anyhoo, my photography will go on even during Ramadhan, no reason not to.. To save time and bandwidth on the blog you can see my albums online in facebook, flickr, and fotografer.net

Make sure you check them out!

I hope i'll be able to write articles related to the theme of Ramadhan..

Have a festive and blessful month!

Happy reading, everyone! :)

A
22 August 2009

Saturday 18 April 2009

The things i do..

I'm pretty sure you people have done crazy things, i'm convinced that a lot of you have sacrificed things just to prove something, especially when its to that person that matters..

This is therefore a classical story, but i just thought i'd share mine, and the things i do..

Let's not mention names, just for the sake of privacy and stuff.. And no this isn't an episode of the Pathetic Traveller, but apparently when i travel alone i still find that stupid things happens to me.. so here goes me and my story..

I couldn't publish this anytime sooner, because for the last 1 month i've been cooking a plan, a plan to throw this girl a surprise party, and it's not just an everyday party that we're used to (at least that's how i see it)

Credits goes to 2 of her close friends, and 1 of mine, which without them this story would never be able to be written right here right now..

My surprise for her comes a little late, about 24 hours late actually, 1 day after the actual birth day.. I don't mind, i believe that people need space and she probably had plans of her own in this party, which you will read later on that i found this to be true actually.. I planned to throw a surprise party, but not in a hotel, not in a fancy restaurant, not in my place, or her place, but in an orphanage.. Yes, i plotted that this special event will be held in an orphanage with around 50-60 kids.. I feel that there's no better way to share your happiness than to share it with those whom cannot enjoy happiness on an everday basis..

I find out later that this plan criss-crosses with my pledge to help out the team in ALSA E-comp *curses*... i know that because of campus i've been abandoning a lot of my work for ALSA, and i do know that added with me skipping 2 days of the competition would definitely blotch my professionalism, and my reputation in debating. I am sorry to the team in ALSA, but this is just something that i can un-do, it's one of those things that you'd just do even if you know it kills your name, but you also know that you're less of a person if it doesn't happen.. more or less how i felt about this..

At last after offering my resignation and selling Sani's name, they decided better to give me the luxury of the time off.. So if you must know this is my itinerary for in between 15-22 April 2009;
- 15 April flew to Jakarta, stayed a night in Sani's place, departed 1345 hours from Jogja
- 16 April drove to Depok, where UI Campus is, worked from 0900 to 1800 hours accrediting judges from Universities all over the country. 3 hour recess, at 2100 hours i continued with motion designing up until 0300 hours, 17 April.
- 17 April, at 0025 hours i slipped for 5 minutes out of the night session to make sure i send her a birthday sms, then continued to work till 0300 hours. From 0300 to 0400 hours had a chat with an old friend about life hahahaha.. at 0400 hours my cab leaves for the airport, got onto a plane on 0600 hours, arived in Jogja at 0700 hours.
- 18 April, from 0900 to 1300 hours prepared the surprise. Event ran from 1400 hours to around 1600 hours.
- 19 April, 1245 hours is my flight to Jakarta, continue my duties for the ALSA e-comp team.

Crazy? Maybe. Necessary? Definitely.

Arriving at the airport at 5 in the morning on the 17th, i find that the cab drivers a little upset for some reason (which i found out later because that i fell asleep on the cab and probably snored, and that before falling asleep i forgot to give him money for toll fares and stuff so he had to take it from his own pocket) so with unease and guilt i gave him extra fares, which then he smiled *me growls* least the guy is happy, I'm on a mission and i don't need a person cursing me with bad luck.

Then i noticed people was looking at me with mocking looks. Apparently i decided to only wear a tee, shorts, sandals to the airport, and people somehow judge that violates like some unwritten ethic code or something. Okay, i don't need this, so i went to the toilet to change. Remember this toilet? At noon you'd see men offloading baggage, but at this time of hour you only see the dark. Okay that's a nice change from the noon views but it still ain't helping, people should be guaranteed that when they pee, they have lovely views, at least thats a slice of happiness we deserve. Went out with changed clothings; semi-formal clothing, jeans, and my air force 1 sneakers. I walk out with confident which then dropped drastically when the cleaning guy knew i changed and passed a snigger at me *curses*

Let's fast forward this a bit; in a nutshell i met some loud group of chinese women out for holidays, met some guy who for some reason were wearing sunglasses at 5 in the morning, then nearly missed a flight because i sat on the wrong waiting zone.. i was sleep deprived, the flight attendants were not nice, and i was alone.. so i slept the flight thru.. Landed in Jogja and AirAsia had a dangerous landing, nearly jumped up again upon landing and into my doom.. Let's skip that part ><

The rest of the day was only catching up with sleep at home and went to the orphanage to lock the rundown of things. At that night, my friend Agung was having his birthday the day before, so he took me and Heru, my room mate, to this seafood place.. Upon arrival we parted with Heru for a while as he's off to sell some goodies.. After getting a table, this conversation happened
- "Dit, i think i saw **** (locked her name, remember) inside.."
- "Oh, yeah?" (thinking of greeting, but decided not to) "Well, lets leave her alone, order in shall we?"
- Agung is extraordinarily quiet, so i had time to think [Wait, she isnt supposed to see me here!! If she does all my plans will crumble to the ground!!!]
What happened next was stupid, we plotted a plan how i can survive without being noticed (seriusly the squid hotplate is too good to pass). So i hid in Agung's car, foolishly enjoying music, realizing one of the guys in the group of friends with her, felt a little uncomfortable with that but who cares. 1.5 hours ladies and gentlemen, 1.5 hours i was trapped like a duck waiting for her group to go.. and when they finally left, the electricity in the place passed out.. Nice..

The next day (earlier today actually), i was busy preparing this and that, ordered food, picking up a cake and prayed the whole journey that it didnt become melted or squashed (imagine a 25-30 cm diameter cake bought by motorcycle), then worked with my friend and the orpahange ids and had a little audition in singing "Happy birthday"..

All in all, I think things go according to plan neatly, and I'm happy. To see that expression on her when she saw the kids was holding out to her a cake with candles on it and the symphony of the imrpovised orchestra of orphan kids singing the happy birthday song with fun and sense of unity as their sole capital of synchronization, for me it meant the world. I have invested lots, I have spent time, i have depleted my energy. But to see the smile carved on her face throughout the event, it makes the pain i had to endure unfelt. There's only certain people who can draw up what i felt today doing this in the composition of descriptive sentences, and i am not one of them, so i wont try.

Tommorow i will be heading back to Jakarta. As dreamy as things are today, it all must come back to reality, i need to face angry people tommorow, but at least i'm facing them knowing that today i'm a man who accomplished a mission.

This is my story. This is what I do for those who are significant in my life. What's your story?

No comments:

Post a Comment